Read web articles on Kindle

One of the main reasons for me to fall in love with such basic device as Kindle is the ability to read much more than books. In fact you can read EVERYTHING on Kindle. I've stopped reading anything longer than a couple of paragraphs on the computer screen and my eyes are quite grateful to me.

You can easily read everything from your daily online newspaper, magazines, random articles found over the web, blog post, etc. And the best thing is that there is no need to install anything. Here are the best and easiest way to do it:

  • Klip.me offers the best option. There is a browser extension which works, but why not just use the bookmarklet and not install anything that slows down your web browser. Great service, great options, totally free. Although it is incredibly easy to set up this Klip.me bookmarklet don't forget to read the instruction and go to your Personal Document Settings on Amazon Manage Your Kindle website allow receive stuff from Klip.me.
  • Although extremely rarely I've seen the above bookmarklet saying it can't deliver the requested article. In such cases I use Tinderizer, i.e. another bookmarklet. Works flawlessly, but doesn't have any options - you just click on it and receive the web page nicely formatted for Kindle.
The above are the best and easiest options for reading articles you stumble upon over the web. I haven't seen an article that you can't get to read on your Kindle using one of these. Of course there are several others, including more well known like Instapaper or the Amazon's own tool, available as an extension for Firefox or Chrome. Surprisingly the later is the worst and have many problems delivering the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment